Baked Victoria Sea Bass with Tomato and Basil Pesto
This is such a sweet juicy tender fish for baking, it melts in your mouth.
- 4 filets of Victoria Sea Bass
- zest of one lemon
- 1-2 lemons cut in thin slices
- 1 Tbls lemon juice
- 1 onion diced small
- 4 Tbls dried tomatoes in
- Olive oil - strained and chopped
- 1/4 cup Soy Cuisine
- 2 tsp rice syrup
- Olive oil
- 4 Tbls prepared organic basil pesto
- In cold water wash and dry the fish filets.
- Place lemon slices on the bottom of oiled baking dish and lay the filets on top of the lemon slices.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on the fish and sprinkle them with a pinch of sea salt.
Prepare the tomato pesto:
- Saute the onion in 1 Tbls of olive oil for 5 min.
- add the tomatoes and 1/2 cup of water.
- Simmer another 5 min. and add 1 tsp shoyu after another 5 min.
- remove from heat and add the rice syrup, soy cream, lemon zest and juice then blend mixture until creamy and smooth.
- Preheat oven to 200c or 375f
- Spoon 1 Tbls of both green and red pesto onto each fish filet in decorative stripes.
- Place in oven for 30-40 min. until fish is tender and cooked through.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and chopped chives or parsley.