Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Serves 4-6 + leftover
Think creamy, sweet, gingery and a little spicy!
This goes well with many dishes such as Vegetable Pesto Tofu Pie or Tempura Vegetable Seitan Kabobs.
- 2 roasted red bell peppers-diced
- 1 onion diced
- About 1/2 carton Soy Cuisine
- 1 small thumb of ginger-chopped
- 1 clove of garlic chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- Shoyu to taste
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 drops of lemon essential oil
- Rice syrup to taste about
- 1/4 tsp ceyanne pepper
- Place the peppers on the open flame of your stove until they become completely black then place in a bowl of cold water for 10 min.
- Now you can easily push of the skin off with your fingers.
- Remove the seeds and rinse the peppers briefly in cold water.
- Heat the oil and saute' the ginger for 10 seconds before adding the onion.
- When the onion becomes glassey add the roasted peppers for another 2 min. add the shoyu and remove from heat.
Blend these ingredients together with the rest of the ingredients until smooth and serve!