Millet with Sweet Vegetables
This is a sweet, harming and relaxing dish.
It heals the spleen pancreas function, helping to balance blood sugar levels and restore our feeling of well being.
I enjoy this dish for breakfast, or as part of lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup Millet, washed
- 31/2 cups water
- ½ head of cauliflower cut in large flowerets
- 1 cup pumpkin cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 onion cut in small dice
- sea salt
- Furikaki shiso sprinkle
- Small handful parsley, washed, dried and chopped
- Bring Millet and water to a boil on med. high flame in medium thick bottomed sauce pan with lid off.
- When Millet boils add a pinch of sea salt and the onion.
- Wait 2 min. then add the pumpkin and layer the cauliflower flowerettes on top.
- Add another pinch of sea salt, cover, let the steam build up and then turn down to simmer for about 30 min. or until the millet is tender and all the water is absorbed.
- Gently remove to serving dish and garnish with parsley and Furikaki shiso sprinkle.