How Healthy Are You?
How do you rate on the seven conditions of health?
(As outlined in Zen Macrobiotics by George Ohsawa)
1. Are you mentally or physically fatigued?
Do you find yourself saying this is too difficult or this is impossible, this attitude shows fatigue. In good health we are adventurous in overcoming difficulties and challenges one after another. The bigger the difficulty the bigger the pleasure, this attitude is a sign of freedom from fatigue.
2. Is your appetite for food and sex good?
Sexual appetite and joyful satisfaction are an essential condition of happiness.
3. Do you enjoy deep restful sleep?
If your fall asleep with in a few minutes you are healthy and free from fear.
4. How is your short and long-term memory?
Memory is the foundation of your personality the compass of your being.
5. Do you have a good sense of humour?
A person is in good health if he is free from anger, fear, suffering and is cheerful under all circumstances.
6. Do you have clarity in your thinking and doing?
Those people in good health should have the ability to think, judge and act with promptness and clarity.
7. Do you have a complete understanding of justice?
The mood of justice is revealed by your ability to live in accordance with the natural order of the universe.