You can blanch most any vegetable this way. Keep the water at a rolling boil, cut the vegetables thinly, and blanch for 1-3 min.
depending on the vegetable.
With greens like kale just make sure they don't loose their bright green colour, that way you know you haven't cooked away the vitamins!
- For 2 people wash 3-4 leaves of Kale.
- Chop the kale stems in 1 cm pieces and the leaves in 2 cm pieces.
- Bring about 5 cm of water to a boil in a sauce pan with cover.
- Add the kale, stems first, and then gently push down the kale with skimmer.
- Cover and cook about 3-5min or until stems are tender.
Enjoy as a part of any meal!