Makes 3 pie crusts
Great for any pie sweet or savory...
I use apple cider vinegar in this recipe which is the magic! The vinegar keeps the gluten strands from sticking and you get a flaky crust!
- 1 ½ cups unbleached white flour
- 1 ½ cups pastry flour or spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup chilled corn oil or deoderised sunflower oil
- ½ cup chilled apple juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Sift flours, baking powder and salt, rub in oil until pebbles appear.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with apple juice then add pressing with a fork until dough forms.
- Touch as little as possible.
- Cover with a cold wet cloth and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out between two sheets of wax paper.
- Bake at 180c or 350f until golden brown.