Great snack for little kids and big kids!
A good snack to keep around the house or to send children off to school with.
Easy to make and it lasts well about 2 weeks.
- 300 grams or 3 pkgs. rice cakes crushed into small pieces
- 150 grams or 1 1/4 cup sunflower seeds - washed and dry roasted in frying pan
- 150 grams almonds or 1 1/4 cup – washed and roasted in the oven at 150c until lightly brown inside about 10 mins
- 150 grams or 1 1/4 cup raisins
- 250 grams or 2 cup sesame seeds – washed and pan roasted in frying pan
- 500 ml or 2 cups rice syrup
Optional - but very delicious!
- Add 2 Tbls peanut butter, almond butter or tahini
- Pinch of sea salt
- With any of these ingredients whisk in with rice syrup when you heat it
- Once you have crushed the rice cakes and roasted all the seeds and nuts combine them in a large bowl including the raisins.
- Carefully bring the rice syrup to a boil with a small pinch of sea salt in a thick bottomed pot. You may also add a little cinnamon, vanilla or a little lemon or orange zest to the rice syrup if you like.
- Now pour the hot rice syrup over the mixture and combine well.
- Use plastic wrap to line a baking dish.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish and press it firmly.
- Allow to stand over night before cutting to serve.
- Store in cool dry place, stays fresh for several weeks.