Kalamata Olive Bread
Makes 2 - 3loaves
I love this bread as an accompaniment to soup, salad or meal.
Use high quality whole pitted Kalamata olives - thats what makes this bread delicious!
- 2 rounded cups 100% spelt flour
- 2 rounded cups 85% spelt flour
- 1 Tbls baking powder
- 2 tsp herbs provincial
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cups pitted black whole
- Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbls apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 bread pans oiled
- preheat oven to 180c or 350f
- Combine the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- Now with a rubber spatula slowly add enough cold water (mix in the apple cider vinegar) to make a thick cake like batte.
- Stir in the olives.
- Pour into the oiled loaf pans and bake until golden brown for about 30-40 min.
- Remove from oven, let stand 5 min.
- Then remove from pans to cool.