Makes 2 - 3loaves
Croutons are delicious and easy to make and can be
enjoyed on soups or salads.
You can give your croutons many different flavours - so just choose herbs that you think will go well with what you are making!
The following is with garlic and herbs provencial -
which I love with many things!
Many kinds of bread will work - what I use most often is a whole wheat bread that has a bit of sifted flour mixed in, which makes the bread a little lighter.
- 2 cups fresh sourdough bread
- cut in 1.5 cm cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic - crushed or finely
- 1 tsp herbs provencial
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 10-15 min.
- Combine the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- Now with a rubber spatula slowly add enough cold water (mix in the apple cider vinegar) to make a thick cake like batte.
- Stir in the olives.
- Pour into the oiled loaf pans and bake until golden brown for about 30-40 min.
- Remove from oven, let stand 5 min.
- Then remove from pans to cool.