Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Lemon and Chives
A delicious creamy white soup that is quick and easy to make and is a great soup especially in fall and winter.
The essential oil of lemon and basil adds magic to this soup!
- 2 onions cut in half moons
- 1 cauliflower in med. flowerets
- 1/3 cup rice flakes
- 1/5 cup Soy Cuisine for richer creamier soup (optional)
- 3 cm piece kombu soaked 10 min.
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ume vinegar to taste
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 4 drops lemon essential oil (optional)
- Basil essential oil - dilute 1 drop Basil essential oil with 1 Tbls olive oil then use one half tsp of this mixture. (optional)
- Thin lemon slices,
- Fresh black pepper and
- Chopped spring onion or chives
- Heat frying pan, add the olive oil and saute' onions and bay leaves with a pinch of sea salt, when translucent, add the cauliflower.
(For a richer soup in winter saute the cauliflower for another 5 mins, for a lighter soup in summer go straight to step 2)
- Add kombu, including kombu soaking water.
- Add water to level of veggies (or just above for a lighter soup) add rice flakes and 1/2 tsp. sea salt.
- Bring to a boil with lid on.
- Turn down to simmer 10 min. till tender.
- Remove kombu and bay leaves.
- Blend with soy cuisine till smooth.
- Add ume vinegar to taste.
- Add essential oil and serve with garnishes.