Amasake Chocolate Brownies
Everyone seems to love this unusual cake!
It is the crunchiness of the poppy seeds and the freshness of the lemon zest that give it it's character. Enjoy!
- 4 cups pastry flour
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 3 cups roasted walnuts
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 Tbls apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbls baking powder
- 1 cup corn oil or deoderised sunflower oil
- 2 cups rice syrup
- 6 cups amasake
- 3 cups grain coffee powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180c or 350f
- Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Whisk the liquids together in another bowl and then stir the dry into the wet.
- Stir in the toasted walnuts and spread mixture into an oiled and floured baking dish no thicker than 3-4cm.
- Bake at 180c for about 30-40 minutes.